We are seeking to hire a talented, multi-faceted Legal Counsel to join a growing legal team. You will work closely with senior leadership to create an effective guardian of the organization, as well as, help to facilitate operational development. As Legal Counsel you will provide strategic leadership to the organization to ensure the company remains in adherence to legal standards and in-house policies as it pertains to a variety of agreements and general compliance matters. This position requires a high degree of motivation, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Align with the strategic vision for the legal team and implement and execute proactive legal policies to help ensure the organization is protected.
- Support the overall legal team and senior leadership team with day-to- day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation.
- Serve as legal advisor and active participant in establishing partnerships and facilitating merger and acquisition transactions, including due diligence, negotiation and preparation of term sheets and definitive agreements, as well as, assistance with financing documentation and closing process.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, organization structure, and management of corporate entities.
- Assist with management of intellectual property portfolio— especially trademarks and copyrights.
- Work closely with the legal team on risk assessment and on compliance-related processes and procedures to support the organization' s ever-present focus on high franchise compliance standards.
- Assist with support of outside counsel on litigation/arbitration and specialized issues as required.
- 3+ years of experience working with senior business management in connection with a broad range of legal matters including franchise law, compliance, contracts, intellectual property, marketing, data privacy, M&A, and other transactional activities.
- Must have bar credentials in at least one state.
- Prior in-house experience viewed favorably but not required.
- Outstanding negotiating, communication, drafting, and writing skills.
- Possess a high degree of intellect, business savvy, integrity, candor, diligence, and self-motivation.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, with a well-developed sense of humor.
- Previous experience operating effectively in a quick paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to readjust quickly as needs and priorities change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of diverse matters in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Quick and eager learner.
- Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of the business and become an integral business thought partner.
- Team player with a strong orientation toward collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to see and proactively move toward the bigger picture while not sacrificing attention to detail.
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and done properly.
SourceAbility provides best-in-class recruitment services primarily in the areas of Management, IT, Analytics, Sales and Operations. We strive to work with client companies that provide exceptional work environments for the candidates we represent. Our staff is highly trained in multiple verticals and work to ensure a positive experience when working with a recruitment firm.
SourceAbility does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected characterisic.
Contact: Tanya Calkins; 704-837-8202 or email@example.com