Advanced Analytics Consultant
Chapel Hill, NC
Advanced Analytics Consultant
The Advanced Analytical Consultant is a system-wide expert on delivering consulting engagements that focus on applying business intelligence and advanced analytical methods and technologies to project-specific clinical and business questions. Possessing a broad combination of skills covering data (integration, aggregation, standardization), analytics (descriptive and inferential statistical theory and practice, modeling), programming (e.g. SAS, R), and consulting (e.g. business needs analysis, project definition, project management, customer management, communication), this role functions as an independent consultant with internal customers to deliver custom advanced analytical engagements that provide novel clinical, financial and administrative insights supporting strategic initiatives across the health care system. Advanced Analytical Consultants enable federated clinical and business project teams to answer more sophisticated questions by enabling access to skills and experiences not otherwise available outside of EADS. This role also serves to transition customer project methods, algorithms, and deliverables to EADS functions responsible for asset development and management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as an Enterprise Analytics Functional Leader - Establishes, leads, and manages virtual teams of clinical and business staff from across the system to frame business problems, determine if those problems can be translated into an analytical framework, scope effort and drive consensus on data and analytical needs and priorities with key stakeholders.
- Manage Solutions Delivery - Serves as the internal customer account manager, working with both leaders and end users to characterize requirements and ensuring the successfully delivery of solutions to meet those needs. Leverages product management processes and principles to drive the iterative creation of new data and analytical capabilities and assets for the system. Provides full service solution/project delivery to business units and strategic customers.
- Statistical Modeling Design, Development, and Analysis - Designs and develops enterprise-class statistical models to understand and solve complex business problems. Participates in design/development of comprehensive data processing, reporting and analytical solutions. Participates in design/development of innovative business solutions. Develops and/or enhances database objects, including queries, procedures, and views. Leads the design, execution, and interpretation of data studies – including sample size calculations, statistical methods selection, population profiling, segmentation, model development / tuning, and other analytical tasks – in order to develop and characterize insights into clinical, financial, operational, and behavioral performance and outcomes. Establishes scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation. Creates predictive models by analyzing large data sets from various sources.
- Provides Technical Support and Expertise - Works closely with teams to identify and advise strategic product decisions. Provides application support by analyzing reported defects and replicating/fixing the defects. Acts as a resource for team members in translating business needs into technical designs. Ensures design quality by creating, conducting, and documenting testing. Identifies technical roadblocks and troubleshoots and resolves functional and performance related issues.
- Communication and Building Relationships - The Advanced Analytical Consultant is a versatile leader, equally fluent in communicating with senior executives and operations staff about business needs, and in orchestrating multidisciplinary teams through contentious discussions into system-wide consensus.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Works with teams to generate and organize methods, plans, and data constructs necessary for effective clinical and business analyses. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal departments and external contacts as appropriate.
- Master’ s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a quantitative-related field.
- If a Master’ s degree: Seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- If a Doctorate degree: Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with R, SAS or SPSS, other data mining tools, databases, and computer programming.
- Prior work experience in a health care setting highly desired.
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) is encouraged.
SourceAbility provides best-in-class recruitment services primarily in the areas of Management, IT, Analytics, Sales and Operations. We strive to work with client companies that provide exceptional work environments for the candidates we represent. Our staff is highly trained in multiple verticals and work to ensure a positive experience when working with a recruitment firm.
SourceAbility, Inc. does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristic.
Please contact Tanya Calkins at SourceAbility. 704-837-8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org