Universe SQL Designer
Universe SQL Designer
This person will provide a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the enterprise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, code development and vendor coordination.
- Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system.
- Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development.
- Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting.
- Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
- Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports
- Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives.
- Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels.
- Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
- Key work focuses are developing quality, clinical and financial analytical universes using Epic' s Clarity database along with other medical and financial medical data stores in support of Quality, Administrative, Fiscal, Clinical and Research functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- If a Bachelor' s degree: Two (2) years of direct experience.
- If an Associate' s degree: Six (6) years of direct experience.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience.
- 2 years of demonstrable technical expertise and working experience developing SQL queries, creating dashboards and using the following SAP Business Objects toolsets:
- Information Design Tool, WebI, Design Studio, Lumira and Explorer
- Prior experience with more than one Epic Clarity Data Models preferred
- Prior experience with Epic Universes and Cogito Data Warehouse preferred
- Experience with software documentation and agile development methodology a plus
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
SourceAbility provides best-in-class recruitment services primarily in the areas of Management, IT, Analytics, Sales and Operations. We strive to work with client companies that provide exceptional work environments for the candidates we represent. Our staff is highly trained in multiple verticals and work to ensure a positive experience when working with a recruitment firm.
SourceAbility, Inc. does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristic.
Please contact Tanya Calkins at SourceAbility. 704-837-8202: firstname.lastname@example.org.