BI SSIS Developer I
BI SSIS Developer I
The BI SSIS Developer I will assist in the design and building of a corporate wide data warehouse. This person must demonstrate broad and deep knowledge of extract, transform, and load (ETL) development in a dimensional database environment while using SSIS.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop extract, transform, and load processes using SSIS and SQL Server stored procedures within MS
- SQL Server environment
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting SSAS cubes and dimensions
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server database fundamentals (SQL queries, stored procedures, indexes, triggers, functions)
- Translate business requirements into technical designs to map and load data from source systems to data warehouses
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the target reporting environments
- Provide support to existing ETL jobs
- Develop ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds
- Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas
- Maintaining data repository with data definitions, relationships, linkages and sources
- Ensure all packages and procedures are migrated utilizing defined source control process
- Participate in code review sessions with data warehouse team and reporting team
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’ s degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 1 - 4 years of experience in development of BI/Data Warehouse solutions via Microsoft SSIS
- Hands-on experience working with the Microsoft Business Intelligence platform tools (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and Performance Point Services (PPS)) and best practice
- Experience with data modeling, data analysis, data profiling and data mapping
- Knowledge of Kimball Star Schema database model
- Experience with Agile development techniques
- Be self-driven with the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames
- Good problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills
- Quick learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical, Problem solving, creative thinking and design skills
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with Microsoft SSAS technologies (Cube Design, SQL/MDX)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic scripting options in SSIS is a plus.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, with a focus on medical claims is a plus.
SourceAbility, Inc. does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristic.
Please contact Tanya Calkins at SourceAbility.
704-837-8202 or email@example.com.