This person will lead a team in support of both the Sales and Marketing organizations in the design, development and delivery of critical business information and in the development and maintenance of the North America Bio-science business intelligence ecosystem.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of (4) direct reports providing sales and marketing analyses and business intelligence deliverables in support of the NA Bio-science division
- Set team and individual goals, establish priorities and manage resources in support of team objectives
- Work closely with internal clients and partners to develop and maintain a reporting platform for ad hoc and standard reporting using integrated internal and secondary product, market and sales activity data
- Ensure that the right level of data is available to support key business objectives in a cost-efficient and value-adding framework
- Lead or participate in projects with external suppliers and agencies relevant to Business Intelligence
- Partner with Commercial Data Architecture and IT to manage data dimensions and new account/customer data
- Train others on the use of BI reports and tools for decision making
- Provide coaching and guidance to Commercial Data Analysts on their adoption and use of BI tools to support their respective business units
- Monitor report usage metrics to evaluate which reports are useful and which are not meeting the needs of the business
- Manage user access of BI tools
- Maintain currency with BI trends and software updates/options in order to best meet the needs of the business
- Engage and manage external BI consultants and contractors as needed
- Provide backup support for Commercial Data Analyst deliverables and analyses
- Bachelor’ s Degree or higher
- Minimum of (10) years of work experience with (5) years in life sciences
- A proven track record in an analytical capacity, consulting and management reporting.
- Solution-oriented – expertise in requirements gathering/solution delivery methodologies and previous experience working with business intelligence software or reporting packages (prefer SAP Business Objects and QlikView experience)
- Advanced training in data management practices, data modeling techniques and business intelligence is preferred.
- A commercial analytics background with experience in pharmaceuticals/biotechnology is ideal.
- Project or technical leadership experience required.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Experience in the administration and ongoing development of a Business Intelligence platform; QlikView experience is preferred.
- The ability to travel up to 10% should be expected.
SourceAbility, Inc. does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristic.
Please contact Tanya Calkins at SourceAbility.
704-837-8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.